- Adherence to Kentwood Heights Baptist Church Doctrinal Statement which is as follows:
I. There is one God, eternally existing in three persons. (Matt. 28:18-19; 2 Cor. 13:14; 1 Peter 1:2)
II. God, out of love for His children, sent His son, Jesus Christ, to die for our sins and rise physically from the dead. (1 Cor. 15:3-4)
III. Salvation is a free gift from God. The death of Christ on the cross is the only sufficient payment for our sins. All have sinned, but all can be saved. This salvation is available for any who put their trust in Christ as Savior. (Eph. 2:8-9; Romans 3:23; Romans 10:13)
IV. Those trusting Christ should repent of sin, confess their faith and be baptized. (Romans 10:9)
V. The church is the body of Christ on earth, empowered by the Holy Spirit to continue the task of reaching the lost and discipling the saved, helping them become fully devoted followers of Christ. (Matthew 28:19)
VI. Man was created to exist forever. He will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or in union with God through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally separated from God is hell. To be eternally in union with Him is eternal life. Heaven and hell are places of eternal existence. (Matt. 25:31-46; 1 John 5:11-12)
VII. The Bible is the inspired and infallible word of God and the final authority in life and doctrine. (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21)
- Master of Divinity degree from an accredited institution with an emphasis on Children and Youth Ministries is preferred. This degree must be granted from an accredited institution. In lieu of Master of Divinity degree, an industry-related bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent industry-related experience is required.
- Demonstrates biblical character and a life of ongoing faith and repentance.
- Have a God-given passion for children and youth and an overwhelming desire to witness the love of Jesus Christ.
- Ability to relate to and communicate the Word of God to children, youth, and their parents.
- Possess demonstrated organizational, leadership, and administrative skills.
- Exemplifies a personal lifestyle of worship and has a heart to lead others.
- Have a working understanding of the civil and legal liabilities of working with children and youth under the age of 18.
- Be tech-savvy (including but not limited to social media, YouTube, live streaming, Servant Keeper, etc.) and able to incorporate modern technology to enhance the children and youth ministry.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Be a demonstrated team player.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate age-appropriate weekly programs that are worshipful, fun, relevant, and effective in instructing, training, nurturing, and launching children and youth into Christian service.
- Develop children and youth programs which are complementary and supportive of one another. Teach or ensure material being taught is in accordance with church doctrinal statement.
- Lead and coordinate all children and youth programs and activities, including but not limited to AWANA, Children’s Life Groups, Children’s Church, VBS, Children’s Easter Event, Children’s Christmas Event, Youth Life Groups, Youth Group, Youth Mission Trips and Activities.
- Develop and implement effective programs and activities where the children and youth can use their abilities, talents, and spiritual gifts to minister to others as service unto the Lord.
- Seek out lay leaders and effectively train them to work with the children and youth as part of a ministry team.
- Assist families with children and youth to assimilate into the church.
- Coordinate with children and youth leadership teams in developing and maintaining a comprehensive ministry to students in the areas of discipleship, fellowship, evangelism, worship, and ministry.
- Coordinate age-appropriate children and youth recreational activities at least once a quarter for fellowship, evangelism, discipleship, outreach, etc.
- Disciple and equip children and youth to live the Christian life.
- Develop an age-appropriate evangelistic children and youth ministry that encourages children and students to share their faith.
- Ensure that, if needed, individual members of the children and youth groups have effective, caring role-models, counselors, and mentors.
- Work directly under the supervision of the Senior Pastor.
- Manage the budget for both the children and youth ministries.
- Support the Senior Pastor, including but not limited to crisis pastoral care in the absence of the senior pastor or at the direction of the senior pastor (i.e., conduct funerals, hospital visitations, etc.)
- Become a member of Kentwood Heights Baptist Church.